• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lake House Tavern Logo

LMHConcepts

Just looking for some opinions on my logo I just designed for a restaurant based out of Noblesville, IN.

This is the first logo I have done in about a year, so critique away!

Attachments

• Final Logo.jpg
    Final Logo.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 182

skyhigh

at first glance I thought that was a blue olive on a swizzle stick. Now I see its a fish hook......with a blue olive? lol. I'd say, back to the drawing board.

Jillbeans

We need more info about the type of tavern it is.
The image seems really modern.
I thought the O was an olive on a swizzle stick too.
I also think the swooshy things do not match.
They are smooth, the font is bumpy, the O has a retro feel.
The drop shadow is too dark.
Nothing about it really flows.
But I do like the green and blue.
Love....Jill

Marlene

In no way at all does it convey a lake house or tavern to me. What does the place do?

me either.

when I saw the name, I thought peaceful, scenic, blue colors, sunsets, relaxed, vacation stuff like that. sure didn't see any of that in your design.

Pat Whatley

I don't know....if it's anything like EVERY lakeside bar I've ever been in it fits the mold pretty well.

A couple of things stick out to me though. The blue and green waves don't work with the loose and jagged lettering. Second I think you need to work up a stacked version as well no matter what you do. Right now the logo is so wide compared to the height that it's not going to be useful in a lot of situations.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 166

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Since I saw the original poster is a fellow Hoosier, I didn't figure he wouldn't mind me pirating his thread for a quick story. This happened almost 30 years ago when I still lived in Indiana. A guy came into a shop I worked at and ordered a 4x8 hand painted for a bar located on a lake. A few weeks after he picked it up, my wife and I were visiting her parents in a town 60 miles away from the shop. I went for a drive out towards a lake and spotted my sign at the side of the road. I was kind of thirsty and stopped into the bar. Soon as I ordered my beer I told the bartender I was the guy who lettered his sign. He said "you can't be. That guy down at the end of the bar had his son paint it for us". The guy at the end of the bar heard all this. You should have heard his lame excuse of how his son didn't have time to do it so he went to a sign shop to have it done. I actually kind of felt sorry for the liar. I wrecked his glow amongst his regular crowd.