Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lambretta Font

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Dizimoto, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Dizimoto

Dizimoto Member

May 21, 2015
    Lincoln
    Hi, I thought it would be easy to find this typeface - I'got "ferro Rosso" - but need something closer?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    The lettering is part of a custom logo, not a font. Chances are good there is a Labretta corporate PDF (brochure, annual report, etc) containing a vector-based logo that can be snagged easily.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay?

Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay? Very Active Member

This would make a cool font though, and I think I'm gonna make it into one.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. jcskikus

jcskikus Owner, Designer & Installer

Jun 28, 2010
    Toms River, NJ
  5. asapsignsfl1

asapsignsfl1 Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Clearwater, Florida
    That logo is on Brands of the World as an EPS file...

Bob P

6. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

7. asapsignsfl1

asapsignsfl1 Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Clearwater, Florida
    Just found that font and the Vespa font.... Here.... http://tinyurl.com/y9q9pjq9

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    I really don't like Brands of the World. I've seen way too many logos on that site which were re-creations by fans or whoever and not authentic company logos. I've warned my own co-workers not to use that site for any actual jobs.

For any kind of significant brand, such as Subway for example, I prefer getting authentic art files, brand guidelines, color specs, etc from the client. It might seem like an unnecessary pain to get the corporate artwork handled correctly before the sign goes into production. But it's a good insurance plan against a fiasco weeks or months after a finished sign is installed. I've been in the sign business long enough to see sign companies have to remove signage that violated a company's brand standards. My company has actually scored replacement signage jobs because another outfit didn't take handling the company branding work seriously.

At best, I could only use a file from Brands of the World as a place-holder until legitimate, verified authentic artwork was obtained. For many brands it's just as easy to find a legit vector logo in a corporate PDF. That can at least get the project rolling in the right direction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member