• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminate for UV inks (rigid media)

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Has anyone have any experience on laminating rigid media with UV curable ink?

I know normal laminate will not work, but is there any type or brand ect that anyone knows of that will laminate UV inks with out silvering?

Im assuming it would have a slightly thicker adhesive to form with the UV ink on the surface ?

Thanks.

Bly

Celmac have one with thicker adhesive for UV prints.
Cast lams do pretty well too.

Andy D

We used a Mactac over laminate on ours & it worked great.
It's been a while so I don;'t remember the product #.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Orafol Oraguard 210... it has a thicker layer of adhesive which fills the deviations in UV prints.
It's specifically designed for this purpose and is actually available in Australia for a change.

Bly, turns out I just missed you today. Spoke to our Celmac rep and he mentioned you ducked past quickly but couldn't hang around :(

Bly

Orafol Oraguard 210... it has a thicker layer of adhesive which fills the deviations in UV prints.
It's specifically designed for this purpose and is actually available in Australia for a change.

Bly, turns out I just missed you today. Spoke to our Celmac rep and he mentioned you ducked past quickly but couldn't hang around :(

You were at the print show too?
Shame I missed you.. yeah it was just a quick walk through really.
See anything you liked?
The new Colorado was looking good.