• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminate pockmarks?

upandup

I recently changed to Avery 1360 laminate and have been very pleased with it so far. All my tests have been done using the big squeegee and the results have been fantastic compared to my Arlon 3220 experience.

I just did a huge print and ran it for the first time through my laminator (USTech Worf TX). When I examined it I noticed the occasional dust bubble (which I need a better solution to handle...), but the most perplexing aspect is the occasional bubble that didn't seem to have anything to do with dust. When I let the print sit overnight those bubbles turned to small indents - best way I can think to describe them is pockmarks.

I am just starting out, so I am literally working out of my garage. It is getting about 85 degrees in there right now, so I don't know how that may be affecting the laminate. Also, I am applying full pressure and running at speed setting 2.

Anybody seen something like this and have any suggestions?