• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminate?

Jgentry

Hi guys. Just wondering if it's ok to wrap a box truck with unlaminated 3M 180 series without laminate. Is it necessary to laminate this stuff? What's the downside of not doing so? PS the material is not printed. It's just being used to cover the surface and then cut vinyl will go over the top.

Sticky Signs

Why wouldn't you just print the vinyl then install?
I'd lam it anyways just to make the installation that much easier and to help protect things.

Christian @ 2CT Media

If you use the colored 180C, we don't laminate it if we are using cut vinyl or partial wrap over it simply because of adhesion. We laminate it if its the only thing going on the vehicle.

Jgentry

If you use the colored 180C, we don't laminate it if we are using cut vinyl or partial wrap over it simply because of adhesion. We laminate it if its the only thing going on the vehicle.

Thanks. It's white vinyl. The purpose is to cover the gloss differential caused by removal of the old lettering.