• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminate

wildside

who makes the best car?

you are gonna get a hundred different answers based off various things including experience, cost, perceived value, name brands, rumors, etc....

personally 3m 8519 here

MerlinPrints

Have you used the 3m scotchcal 8580 laminate i am using the IJ380Cv3 cast film by 3M to print the graphics, just wondering if this was the best. 3M says to use this with this film.

Malkin

Best for what exactly? Each has their strengths, and none are likely to be the best in every conceivable category.

EDIT: That is certainly a very good combo, recommended for more extreme curves/stretching I believe.

rjssigns

3M IJ180c with 8518 or 8519 depending on client preference. No issues. Tried others, keep going back. If you have a combo you trust stick with it. Confidence in your material makes installs go easier. A lot of times mental attitude will make or break a job.

sar bossier

As others stated, personal preference - I like the Avery DOL 1060 or 1360 - for me, cost + opaqueness + ease of use with our mexican chinese laminator, with a mind of its own (the backing paper takes up better than 3m).

HulkSmash

As others stated, personal preference - I like the Avery DOL 1060 or 1360 - for me, cost + opaqueness + ease of use with our mexican chinese laminator, with a mind of its own (the backing paper takes up better than 3m).

Avery just came out with a new lam that is almost identical to the 3m.. has the same backing as 3m too.