• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminated, crop marked cutlines

We have been printing with crop marks, laminating and then putting the design back in the machine (Roland VersaCamm SP-540i). The cut line starts out fine, but ultimately gets off track. We aren't having cut problems with the normal print & cut (no lamination or crop marks) process. Any suggestions on why the cut would vear off or how to correct it?

joycessigns

We have been printing with crop marks, laminating and then putting the design back in the machine (Roland VersaCamm SP-540i). The cut line starts out fine, but ultimately gets off track. We aren't having cut problems with the normal print & cut (no lamination or crop marks) process. Any suggestions on why the cut would vear off or how to correct it?
I was having the same problem when I first got my Roland versa cam 300. I discovered not to hit “get media width” when I put the media back in to cut. Just change it to cut and hit go.

zlorenzo

I've always heard this rule/safeguard too. Do not center print with registration and then when you reload the print, do not hit "get media width" this time.