• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminated window perf looking hazy

Daniil

Hi all, my first time posting here!

We started laminating rear window vinyls to prevent rainwater from accumulating in the holes and obstructing the view.

However, when installed you can't see through it - looks super blurry like in the photo.

Any suggestions as to why this could be happening? Printer claims he used clear lamination on the vinyl.

I'm in London, so "few days in the sun" method is out of question...

Attachments

• IMG_8405_HEIC.png
    IMG_8405_HEIC.png
    364.5 KB · Views: 532

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hi all, my first time posting here!

We started laminating rear window vinyls to prevent rainwater from accumulating in the holes and obstructing the view.

However, when installed you can't see through it - looks super blurry like in the photo.

Any suggestions as to why this could be happening? Printer claims he used clear lamination on the vinyl.

I'm in London, so "few days in the sun" method is out of question...

They did not use OPTICALLY CLEAR lamination. That will fix your problem.

Daniil

Spoke to the printer, and he confirmed that he used a normal clear laminate, not Opti-Clear. Looks like we'll need to re-print the rear stickers and install these separately.

It was dry installation, so shouldn't have been a problem.

Thanks for your help!