• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminating Banners?

cardsin2005

Has anyone ever laminated a banner? I have a client that ordered 2 banners to use as table banners for a trade show. They want to be able to reuse them. My worry is that they will scratch them by placing things on top of them. So my idea is to laminate them with 3M overlam. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

WrapperX

I would use a Liquid Lam, Never tried sheet lam on banner before. Yikes! Sounds like a mess waiting to happen.

drive

If I were to attempt that I'd probably be looking at using a liquid laminate.
Then again I have never tried it, even with table banners. Maybe print on quality vinyl and apply it the the banner?

MikePro

not tested, but i've always imagined a paint-roller + 100% silicone caulk would be a great way to laminate fabrics/banners.

i'll play with it this weekend, since this is the second time i've made the suggestion without actually having experience using it for that purpose.
...aside from ruining a really nice underarmour shirt because i sat on a tube of it and have a giant smear of clear silicone permanently stained into the fabric.

mark galoob

i have a customer that we laminate banners for on a regular basis...they get rolled and unrolled all the time...i run them through the seal and they look and feel great...no problems whatsoever...

mark galoob

JERHEMI

i have a customer that we laminate banners for on a regular basis...they get rolled and unrolled all the time...i run them through the seal and they look and feel great...no problems whatsoever...

mark galoob

Seriously? You do learn something everyday! lol I liquid laminate banners all the time, and would think roll laminate would shrivel up the banner as the roll laminate shrank over time.

VinylLabs.com

my supplier told me I could laminate banners with the material I would use to laminate vinyl. (aqueous printer) I was really considering the liquid spray on laminant... but would it chip or peel? I have a client who will be heavily using his banner.

mbarden

We use product called Clear Shield. Roll on printed banners. Provides excellent scratch resistance. Swaer by it.
Mike B

bigben

:thread

Anyone try a laminated banner in a roll-up banner stand to help with edge curling?

Hmmm. good question and good idea if it work. If it's help, you could use poster paper then laminate it to cut the total price...

And about the banner used as a table throw, I have a customer who just but a thin acrylic sheet on top of the banner. He even used saran wrap once and it looked great. It's strange to use this too...