• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
Really? He pushed you to get the hp, I was pushing for this little guy! That tears it, I'm following you to keep these lies at bay!
But really, you'd ought to start banking some money for the kala mistral. I find the lack of posts asking for help on that machine reassuring.
Kala and Seals....the only way to go.

matze214

Today i laminated with 35 degrees instead of 60 perfect lamination no bubbles no silvering, lower than that it solvers nearly everywhere. But today i cut the print media in Form so it fitted the size excactly with the laminate.

On the other prints it stand's of 10 cm on every side i think, could that be the Source of the bubbles in combination with heat?

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Today i laminated with 35 degrees instead of 60 perfect lamination no bubbles no silvering, lower than that it solvers nearly everywhere. But today i cut the print media in Form so it fitted the size excactly with the laminate.

On the other prints it stand's of 10 cm on every side i think, could that be the Source of the bubbles in combination with heat?
Sounds like you found the cure.
Too much heat can cause the adhesive to release from the laminate, they all have a temperature sweet spot, just like pressure, tensions, how you feed. Lots of variables that can cause problems with laminating, and every one is kind of unique.
Glad to hear you solved it!

JBurton

Signtologist
But today i cut the print media in Form so it fitted the size excactly with the laminate.
This is a good habit, this way you know that the lam+material are being pulled at equal rates through the machine. If you're lam is wider, other than a sticky mess, you may also adhere to the bottom roller slightly, causing the lam to either drag behind or tug forward, I hadn't considered it but same thing with print wider than lam, if the print has a less slick surface than the laminate, it could 'grip' better on the ends and pull at a faster rate.
I'm not saying trim the laminate to fit the printed width, so much as buy and keep matching roll widths of print and laminate.

ErikM

Hi guys, I don't want to open a new thread because I see that a few people here have a Vevor laminator 51inch (1300mm).

My question is, can I fit a 54inch (1370mm) medium? My prints are never more than 51inches (1300mm) due to crop marks so it would be fine for me if the maximum working area was 51inches.

Unfortunately, I did not get a clear answer directly from the manufacturer and he only sent me a two-page prospectus where this information was not included.

I would appreciate any experience. Have a great day.
Erik

Stacey K

I like making signs
Hi guys, I don't want to open a new thread because I see that a few people here have a Vevor laminator 51inch (1300mm).

My question is, can I fit a 54inch (1370mm) medium? My prints are never more than 51inches (1300mm) due to crop marks so it would be fine for me if the maximum working area was 51inches.

Unfortunately, I did not get a clear answer directly from the manufacturer and he only sent me a two-page prospectus where this information was not included.

I would appreciate any experience. Have a great day.
Erik
No - you cannot fit that on the laminator. My printer is 54" so I print no larger than 49ish" and then trim one side down. If you have to contour cut then you have to cut close to the registration squares.

the wood pole is to hold up the laminate after I roll it up. It's a bit redneck but it works well LOL If you need help when you get it I am happy to facetime you, just PM me.

Attachments

• a3e4677a-2696-4439-b461-bb75ce7c1715.jpg
    a3e4677a-2696-4439-b461-bb75ce7c1715.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 24
  • de10e7ce-9584-4ae7-8467-a5aa2ac223e0.jpg
    de10e7ce-9584-4ae7-8467-a5aa2ac223e0.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 22

ErikM

No - you cannot fit that on the laminator. My printer is 54" so I print no larger than 49ish" and then trim one side down. If you have to contour cut then you have to cut close to the registration squares.

the wood pole is to hold up the laminate after I roll it up. It's a bit redneck but it works well LOL If you need help when you get it I am happy to facetime you, just PM me.
Oh okay, I have to look for another machine, thanks for your help :)

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I still wouldn't use heat. You all have more experience that I do but IMO, you do not want the laminate to stretch unless you're cool with your stuff being all curled up and pulling off of whatever it's stuck on.
This whole thread would have been more productive if the OP mentioned that they have laminate hanging off the sides to begin with. It's like asking everyone why your car won't start but not mentioning anything about it running out of gas.