• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminating decals to make tags

Zambookajoe

Ive been doing this for years in smaller runs of say 100 or 50

the process involves printing the 2 sides of the tag and then sticking them adhesive side to adhesive then installing a grommet at the top. usually at sizes of around 4"x6"

always had success with it, and makes for a long lasting tag

heres my problem, I have a customer wanting 20 000

anybody else do this and have shortcuts on long runs

I might have gotten myself too deep lol

Zambookajoe

well we print one sheet of the first side then an other of the second side , laminate them then align them back to back, pull them thru the laminator so they are adhesive on adhesive then grommet then, is this the way your doing them?

Zambookajoe

I understand what you mean, but my customer wants the outrageous durability and the way we make them using either 3m ij180cv3 or a comparable vinyl laminated and stuck on back to back and with a grommet at the top makes them almost indestructible. we've tested them in numerous ways. In the industry my customer is they need to be tough.

we usually make them in small batches but 15000 , ouch my fingers hurt just thinking about it

1leonchen

#1 i would out source

#2 i would print it on a laser printer and send it to get uv coated never do runs of more than 1000 pages

# 3 use a late system. print decals in bigger batches of say 24 by 24 and do a registration point. so u can do larger batches and cut after finish

#4 run away just outsource the job its not worth the long over time. cut your losses. it easier for a offset guy

I understand. could you tell me what the exact application is?

I have a customer that does something almost exactly what you are looking for.

If you would like I could give you his infomation
Shoot me a PM