• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminating Help Please!

brad daggy

I have a Royal Sovereign RSC-1650H Laminator. When I run wide format pieces through, 54" X 10" 3m controltac180c with oraguard 290G laminate I constantly get wrinkles and have to reprint. I make sure there is not too much tension on the kraft paper clutch. Please give me the secret to getting good consistant laminates!

petepaz

if the lamination and the vinyl are the same sizes i don't use the craft paper
and it works good
i have a different laminator but i had the same problem

TonyHoles

Adjusting your tension is good advice. The other is making sure when you load the roll both the backing and the lam make sure they are both on there snug. If not when you clamp it down and one or the other is loose it will cause the wrinkles and creases.

Snug meaning flat from one side to the other up against the rollers. If when you clamp it down you notice it's a little loose on one side or the other then as it feeds through it becomes bunched up.

Also, make sure when you are threading the laminator that the backing paper is well aligned with the laminate. And when pressing the backing paper to the laminate make sure it is smooth and flat with no wrinkles or ridges before you start to feed it between the rollers to get it started.

That sounds longwinded but if you use a Royal Sovereign it should make sense to you.