• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

laminating instantly or wait a while

arzu

Hi all
Just wondering how you think about this:
We print vinyl (ecosolvent, on roland 540), let the print rest for a day and than laminate with glossy laminate.
Everybody sais that it is not ok tot laminate instantly , if the print is barely dry.
However, sometimes we have to, for we have to deliver the same day.
I don't see any difference in the results, got no complaints, so why not laminate instantly always.

MikePro

another one of these posts?
at this point, I'd say do what you gotta do.... but plenty of threads on this same topic will explain why you should allow proper drytime to reduce risk of product failure.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Try the 'Search' button. It is indeed your friend and with your barrage of questions, I think it would be of a great benefit to you.

JgS

If your Roland has a heater than give it 24 hours if you can but your probably be OK if just a couple hours of dry time.

If it doesn't have a heater than make sure to give it at least 24 hours.

arzu

.. next time I will first "search" for my topic. Thanks for the reactions By the way, indeed our roland has a heater.

arzu

Are you sure it's a heater and not just a fan?

Yes there is a aluminum drying panel on the machine where the foil exits the machine. It gets so hot that you cannot touch it.
Also there is a heater during printing, at the print area, which you can set to a certain temp. The printer is for solvent ink.

Biker Scout

Convert your printer over the UV inks that cure in the 395mn range, Then get a wide format liquid UV laminator if your clients want gloss. Instant curing both ways, and liquid UV coating is vastly less expensive than film lamination.

Bly

From experience if the prints are going onto a flat surface you can laminate once they are touch dry.
If it's to go onto a curved surface, a vehicle wrap or you might need to remove the print at some stage - let them outgas for at least 24 hours.

arzu

From experience if the prints are going onto a flat surface you can laminate once they are touch dry.
If it's to go onto a curved surface, a vehicle wrap or you might need to remove the print at some stage - let them outgas for at least 24 hours.

This is the kind if response I was waiting for. It makes sense , Thanks for sharing.