• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminating Painted Floor Against Scuffs - How?

Gordy Saunders

My printers are in a dedicated print room. I am going to paint the floor. I am thinking of doing something unusual with it, like putting the printers on shelves of rock that are jutting up from a deep abyss.

What I am interested in knowing is if I can cover the paint with a clear laminate that is scuff resistant, or should I just seal it with a clear coat and then re-do the clear from time to time as it gets scuffed up?

Gordy Saunders

I thought about printed floor graphics, but I'm certain that I won't be able to get the same sense of realism. Also, I want to show off my painting ability, not that I am interested in using it in a commercial way any more.

I was thinking that the clear coat is the best way to go also. It will be easier to keep up in the long term.

Thanks for the comments.

Billct2

I would showcase what I'm trying to sell. But I'd love to se the job when you're done.
I would pick a clear based on what type of paint is used. Probablt talk to my local Ben Moore dealer about it. Also check out some of the mural/faux paint forums.

sjm

Gordy, I would caution you in being able to reproduce what you display. Or at the very least make some money when a client wants the same.