• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminating Printed Diamond Plate

121a

Hello all, a few weeks ago I was messing around with printing on some chrome and diamond plate vinyl we had around the shop. Well, the Avery Chrome didn't like the solvent ink but the Diamond Plate we carry did. We had a customer see our sample print and they really like it. The vinyl is made for both cut and printing applications. However, what I want to know is should we laminate the diamond plate after it has been printed on (using 3M 8508 Gloss cast lam)?

I would say yes for durability of the ink but I want to know if anyone has any experience in this area. I have attached a picture of our company logo printed on the diamond plate, very cool stuff. This was printed on a Mimaki CJV30 with standard SS21 inks.
picture.php

mudmedia

Hello all, a few weeks ago I was messing around with printing on some chrome and diamond plate vinyl we had around the shop. Well, the Avery Chrome didn't like the solvent ink but the Diamond Plate we carry did. We had a customer see our sample print and they really like it. The vinyl is made for both cut and printing applications. However, what I want to know is should we laminate the diamond plate after it has been printed on (using 3M 8508 Gloss cast lam)?

I would say yes for durability of the ink but I want to know if anyone has any experience in this area. I have attached a picture of our company logo printed on the diamond plate, very cool stuff. This was printed on a Mimaki CJV30 with standard SS21 inks.
picture.php

I could of sworn avery chrome was printable. Or at least I know one of the chrome wrap vinyls are printable. I have seen some pretty trick stuff with it.

121a

When I printed on our chrome the ink didn't bite in and spread out. Plus it took at least half an hour to dry on the vinyl. Results were not good. This diamond plate though, no problems.

Edit: I have printed on both Avery silver and ultra metallic with great success, makes me wonder why anyone would go with metallic ink (aside from the crop mark issues with other than white material).