• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lamination Issues

MikePro

clean room, clean clothes & keep your print rolled-up graphic-side-in until lamination.
humidity levels in the room also effect static, control your environment and you shouldn't have issues.

long runs, I put on a pair of lint-free gloves and wipe the print center-outward, wax-on wax-off, as it travels into the lamination web. keeps the print from buckling and also guarantees no dust gets into the lamination web.

TimToad

Sealed floors, regular vacuuming with HEPA level filtration (in our case, several times a week ), Swiffer dusters all over, lint free wipes, rolling prints inward to store until laminating, etc. all seem to help. We love our dog and she is a fixture at the shop, but we pay the price for having her here everyday by cleaning more often than normal.

The added professionalism of an extra clean work area is frequently complimented by customers, peers, etc.

MikePro

had an employee that kept complaining that he couldn't stop getting random hairs in his lamination. Turns out, he had a cat and showed up to work everyday with hairs on his sweater, and would just mindlessly start laminating stuff without taking proper precautions.

DJr

Use swifter dusters on the print as you are feeding the print through the laminator. However cleaning the shop weekly is a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CL Visual

I don't think I've ever had this issue so I'll put in my 2 cents. I have printers, laminator and work table all in one room. We have 2 ways doors that automatically close after you walk through. I also had my floor done with epoxy to make cleaning easier. Previously, I just had that grey garage paint on the concrete floor to keep it sealed. Aside from the occasional piece of dust or arm hair, we've never had a real issue with contaminents. Make sure your prints never touch the ground. I have forgotten about prints that had started and was late to tape up to the take up and had dirt in that 2 feet of print.

bowtievega

Premium Subscriber
We bought one of those robotic vacuums that mindlessly wander the shop lol. We let it run around a couple times a day and it does a surprisingly good job of removing dirt from the print floor. Every time i open the dust collection port I am amazed on how much stuff is in there. We use some lengths of 2 x 2's to block off areas where it can get stuck, around power cords from the printer and computer but it pretty much has free reign in the shop. Kind of annoying sometimes when you are working and the thing is underfoot but seems to do a pretty good job and would buy again.

Lane J

Swiffers! They are always kept in stock here.

The guy who runs the laminator attached the swiffers to an old piece of channel bar with double sided tape. The bar stays in place while laminating and he's free to trim the sides or roll it up without worrying about dust.

We did the same thing to an old ruler that wasn't true. It works great for wiping dust off of sheets for the flatbed.

If the swiffers get too dirty, just replace them. IMG_20171120_092022.jpg IMG_20171120_092009.jpg

AKwrapguy

We bought one of those robotic vacuums that mindlessly wander the shop lol. We let it run around a couple times a day and it does a surprisingly good job of removing dirt from the print floor. Every time i open the dust collection port I am amazed on how much stuff is in there. We use some lengths of 2 x 2's to block off areas where it can get stuck, around power cords from the printer and computer but it pretty much has free reign in the shop. Kind of annoying sometimes when you are working and the thing is underfoot but seems to do a pretty good job and would buy again.

Why not just have it run at night when no one is there?