• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lamination Machine Static

Richard G

Has anyone out there got a good home remidey for static on a lamiantor. I have put up with this for years and I have had it. Thanks for any advise.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I just make my employees run the laminator anymore... with the right laminate and humidity you can get a good visible 1.5" spark. I can hear it across the room. They love it! :Big Laugh

ChicagoGraphics

All you need is a cheap humidfier, but if your really cheap get a fan and have it blow on a bucket of water, also you can use christmas garland the gold garland works the best.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Ok - Chicago is correct. If you want to do it correct and cheap... thin tinsel (garland) rope across the platen where the strands lightly drag across the media. Ground one end of the garland. Metallic looking plastic garland will not work though and can actually exaggerate the problem. There is actually stuff made specifically for this from pure copper from places like amstat, takk (statictinsel.com), and probably a few others.

All you need is a cheap humidfier, but if your really cheap get a fan and have it blow on a bucket of water, also you can use christmas garland the gold garland works the best.

Mitro

The Equipment Guy sells a product that works great. I've use it and have no more issues. At this moment it can't remember the name of the product. It's similar to the tinsel but won't scratch or come apart like the tinsel might.

Richard G

Hey Chicago Graphics if I put a humidifer in our off I would be laughed out of Florida.... I don't think they even sell humidifiers in Florida.
Sight line I like your idea, however I have a lot of whimps that work here and that's not going to work either. ( Really like the idea though ). :) :)
Mitro, I just sent an email out to these people to get a cost on this product. I say one like it on the web earlier and they were asking $185.00, I think i will take on the shocks for that kind of money.
Thanks guy for the info.

on our seal el 54" it has a media guard which also is a anti static guard, in the summer when running laminate you should have seen those sparks shoot out and hit the guard, amazing!

Rooster

I just wipe the surface to be laminated with a swiffer brush and haven't had an issue with static since.