• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lamination problems

Sysko

Hi, I have recently invested in a Roland Sp540v, plus a 55" cold laminator - manual job with the crank handle on the side. And I'm having issues! The pressure I am using is about 1/8 turn more from when the rollers contact, but still the material bunches as it is going through. My initial setup is trim the craft paper from the laminate about 3", then squeegee that to the printed film as carefully and straight as possible. I feed it as gently and evenly as possible into the rollers, then eyes everywhere to make sure it goes through cleanly. Does anyone have any more or better ideas please?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 137

player

He means put the print and laminate in place between the rollers when they're open, then lower the roller onto the print and lam. Have 3" or so extra material so you don't start on the print, but on some extra length of material.