Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laminator help needed

Discussion in 'Laminators' started by Lauren, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Lauren

Lauren Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Hi everyone. I'm hoping that someone might have a suggestion on where to start with solving my problem. I have a call in to the vendor, but in the meantime...We have an Image 600 laminator that has been leaving small bubbles/air pockets in the laminate every 16-17 inches. This does not seem to happen when the heat is over 90 degrees, but I don't want to keep hot laminating everything. The top roller does have some cut marks on it. We are using 40-45psi. Any thoughts are much appreciated!

2. Jack Knight1979

Jack Knight1979 Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Maine
    Do the bubbles correspond with the cut marks in the roller? If so, I found a roller repair tutorial on youtube. You can fill the cracks with 100% silicone. I'm not sure how long the repair lasts, but worth a shot.

3. Lauren from hearing your problem it sounds like Jack Knight1979 is hitting it right on the nose. If your missing a chunk or small piece of silicone on your roller it cause a little pocket due to no pressure in that one little spot. running 90F degrees is not enough for cold lam you will have a silvering problem if you run it that low try to bump it up to 120F.

4. Lauren

Lauren Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Clear Choice - are you saying that I should set my temp at 120 for cold laminating? I am very new to laminating, but I thought that I would run the laminator without heat...can you please clarify? Thanks!