• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator help needed

Lauren

Hi everyone. I'm hoping that someone might have a suggestion on where to start with solving my problem. I have a call in to the vendor, but in the meantime...We have an Image 600 laminator that has been leaving small bubbles/air pockets in the laminate every 16-17 inches. This does not seem to happen when the heat is over 90 degrees, but I don't want to keep hot laminating everything. The top roller does have some cut marks on it. We are using 40-45psi. Any thoughts are much appreciated!

Jack Knight1979

Do the bubbles correspond with the cut marks in the roller? If so, I found a roller repair tutorial on youtube. You can fill the cracks with 100% silicone. I'm not sure how long the repair lasts, but worth a shot.

Lauren from hearing your problem it sounds like Jack Knight1979 is hitting it right on the nose. If your missing a chunk or small piece of silicone on your roller it cause a little pocket due to no pressure in that one little spot. running 90F degrees is not enough for cold lam you will have a silvering problem if you run it that low try to bump it up to 120F.

Lauren

Clear Choice - are you saying that I should set my temp at 120 for cold laminating? I am very new to laminating, but I thought that I would run the laminator without heat...can you please clarify? Thanks!