• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator is my new best friend!

Ragin Cajun

Matt, good for you! I have a new laminator on the way, can't wait to use it. I'm sure my arms and shoulders will be feeling better very soon! LOL! The old joints don't do as well as they did when I was in my 30's!!!!!

which laminator did you get Suz?

2 see signz

i love my laminator!

bet there's hundreds of different techniques to use them too.

i used to window hinge prints to laminate, would save wasting and not needing underlay,

Drip Dry

Can you do this with a cold laminator, or do you need a heated one?

Cold or heat assist works.
BUT... be aware that it's important to get one that you can adjust the opening of the rollers. Some (and even some of the expensive ones like Ledco)
apply maximum pressure to the substrate. You can crush coroplast or create many bubbles between the flutes.

I bought a GFP model about 3 months ago and it has run flawlessly since we got it. Cost about 7000. and included delivery and a full day of training and 1 year on site

MikeH

We run coro signs all the time on our Ledco no problems. We close but do not lock the rolls and run. Have had our Ledco for 20 years no problems the thing is a workhorse. Yes it cost more but it is the last one I will need, unless I need a bigger one. If I do it will be a Ledco.

Matt-Tastic

Quick question please...how do you clean glue residue off the red lamination rollers. I have a ustech pro la-650 cold

If you go to the hardware store, you an find a rubber cleaning block for saw blades. It looks and feels like rubber cement, and should be a yellowish color. You can also get them from a lot of suppliers. (http://www.advantagesignsupply.com/SEAL-Image-Roll-Laminator-Cleaner-4)

You open the gap on your laminator, then rub the glue residue in 1 direction with the block. you'll see the adhesive ball up and peel off the roller and onto the block. once you've got the bulk of it off and the rollers look clean, you should be good!