• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

laminator issue

jeremycoressel

I'm experiencing creases when laminating prints over 96". It always happens near the end how can I correct this? I use a royal sovereign 54" laminator.

cmaxdesigns

I know this is an old post but I thought I would chime in and let you know I have had the same issues since day 1 with my brand new RS. I have had 2 different techs come out and try to dial in the machine with no resolve. They scratch their heads like I asked them the square root of 6444. I know some people on here swear by these machines and have not had any issues but I have wasted tons of material and money when the machine decides to act up.

Just so you know there is another thread on here that members have posted on and talk about a tension screw on either side of the top roller and if both are not equally tight/loose it will create creases in your print.

By now I hope you have resolved the issue but if not hopefully you can just search Royal Sovereign Laminator and see the threads posted on this exact issue.

Sticky Signs

Are you putting your material on a core? do you use the centre of the laminator? Are you feeding the material in a straight as possible? Are you monitoring the tension of the vinyl going in? If you answer yes to these questions than your laminator is out of whack. You need to have even tension on either side of the rollers. You can test this with a tension gauge and adjust the screws. Or, call a tech to take care of it for you.