• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator jamming - Help!

yukon

Hi,
We have a Royal Sovereign RSC-1400 and it's always performed great. Recently we've had an issue when laminating multiple panels one after another, the just laminated panel's edge will slip down beneath the opening where the feed table meets the rear deck. Then it starts winding around the upper roller and gets all jammed up with the fresh laminate as it feeds onto the new panel. What a mess! It doesn't happen all the time, none of our settings have changed (tension, height) and it doesn't matter if the new panel is above or below the just laminated panel as it feeds in.

The only difference is that this has only happens when using 3M 8518 lam. It's release liner is clear not paper.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Yukon

Gene@mpls

I have this laminator and the only time I have this problem (and it is a mess)
is if I hit the stop button and walk away thinking the laminator has stopped.
I am a bit hearing impaired and had to fasten a plastic card against the chain
drive like a card on a bicycle wheel so it clicks. I don't see how it could happen
if the following print is on top of the one that is finishing? I do hate lam on clear
backing sheets- so I use Oracal. Tried 3m and quit for this reason.

yukon

Thanks for the reply.
We are not turning the machine off at all. Whichever panel is on the bottom will get caught around the roller.

I was thinking that since this only happens occasionally and only with 3M8518, Possibly it's a static issue? The clear liner in combination with the metal deck and the operator wiping the print as it feeds into the machine might cause static.

Thanks,

Yukon