• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

laminator mounting problems with Coroplast

anotherdog

I have a Royal Soveriegn cold laminator, I'm okay with just about anything with the exception of full width (48 inch) mounting adhesive on Coroplast.

there seems to be a slight gap at either end of the top rollers, this doesn't quite make an airtight seal with the adhesive and Coroplast, I'm getting bubbles.

If I take the rollers to the next thickness down I'm crushing the cells.

The Laminator is only 2 years old, so I don't think I have banana rollers.

Anyone else seen this?

Sticky Signs

The rollers come with a slight crown from the manufacturer. It's not a defect. Are you centering the boards on the laminator?

anotherdog

the boards are centered. I'm thinking maybe I need to feed something with it to build up the thickness yet not thick enough to crush the Coro.

The nature of this laminator is it has about 6 thickness presets.

Thank you for letting me know about the slight crown. I did suspect it.

MikePro

when i use my laminator to apply sheets of printed graphic to coroplast.... i dial down the pressure so that its just barely enough to grab and pull the sheet thru. Seems i always get bubbles at higher pressure setting.