• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator Poll

Salmoneye

I should say that mine is a US Tech, but for some reason I put master. They might be the same or very similar. I don't have any special infeed system that I know of. I fust stick it in off the roll. Sometimes I will get it in askew and after 25' or so I will be off 1/4" or so, I do hate that but I think you would have it with any laminator loading it in the same manner.

We have a Seal 62 base, don't regret the purchase one bit. We previously had a royal sovereign and our seal is above and beyond the RS. We do a lot of boat wraps, so 30+ feet in a single image is very common, it was always a finger crossing moment using the RS. Now, we don't worry one bit using the seal. Using the lower roller in the back to hold the printed media and webbing it through, is the best way by far for long prints. We have run entire rolls through, with 1/8" of walking of less.

rjssigns

Seems we beat this laminator deal to death every week or so.

With all the laminator posts this should be made into a "sitcky". Fred?

jmcnicoll

1/4" off for only 25 foot run is pretty poor in my opinion. Could never do a full roll at that rate. Stay away from any laminator with crowned rollers! If doing any hot lams you probably need to spend more on a laminator than a you paid for your printer. Look for a laminator that you can repeat the same settings over and over for tension and pressure.

MikeH

Look for a Ledco, US made, 2 year warrantee, parts and customer service out of up state NY. We have 20+ year old cold machine and replaced the rolls once, operator error. Got replacement parts that week and the factory teck walked us through the installation over the phone. I have replaced/upgraded countless computers, printers, etc. Every time spending hours or days researching and shopping for the best deal. When we get the new thing we always go through a learning curve costing more time. I don't think about the laminator so I can focus on the business. We spent more but it was the last time I thought about it until we needed a bigger, It's a Ledco to. I bought piece of mind. Whatever machine you look at call and ask to order a set of replacement rolls out of the blue gauge the response. A car is no good to you if you can't get tires for it.

omgsideburns

GBC 1064WF .. 64" rolls.

I'm an employee, so I have no idea regarding cost. I know I like using it. It's easy to use. Never needs adjustments and tracks straight as long as you load it straight.

MrSalumi

I think my decision is made. Seal EL 54. New with a warranty! Can't beat it.

Thanks for all of your help!