• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator Question

MagnetStew

We currently have a Seal EP42 (42" wide) which has done a good job for us in the past. However, we are moving to wider material across the board and need a wider (at least a 54" for materials ranging from 24" to 48" widths) laminator. The problem we have with most of the wider laminators is that few of them have the side slitter blades. We cut our prints by the roll and therefore laminate them by the roll. Without the side slitter option we will have manually cut the kraft paper and excess laminate by hand. Any 54"+ wide laminators out there with the slide slitter blades? Thanks.

AF

I think the big UStech units offer it, as with the high end AGL and Seal units. You could probably build a slitter also for a unit that lacks that option.

jmcnicoll

When laminating with pressure sensitive films I always laminate with out kraft paper. Event if the lam is 1/2 wider than the print media. Never had an issue with this causing problems. Saw more problems using kraft paper than I did not using it.