• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

laminator question

bella

I have the change to buy a laminator, it will laminate up to A0. The seller has advised me that the element is not working. He said he had an engineer check it over. I'm just wondering if the element is expensive to replace, does anyone know. xxxx
Thanks

Bigdawg

Just Me
bella - please post these in the appropriate categories instead of everything in the newbie forum... I am moving this thread now...

Matt-Tastic

in short. yes. most heating elements are expensive and tricky to put in. a 62" one for a seal is well over 400 just for the element, but thats in the US.

that being said, if you aren't using heat-sensitive materials, you can use pressure sensitive all day long. if its worth it for you to have a cold-lam / mounter, go for it.

bella

in short. yes. most heating elements are expensive and tricky to put in. a 62" one for a seal is well over 400 just for the element, but thats in the US.

that being said, if you aren't using heat-sensitive materials, you can use pressure sensitive all day long. if its worth it for you to have a cold-lam / mounter, go for it.
Matt-Tastic thank you xxxx

bella

When you say sensitive what exactly do you mean? I was intending to laminate posters, are you saying I do not need to use heat to laminate posters?
Thanks in advance x

conwaycopies

To laminate both sides of a poster (or encapsulate it) yes you will need hot laminate. cold laminate is mostly applied to vinyls and other materials where the back does not need any lamination. pressure-sensitive is the same as cold laminate.