• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator recommendations

Rachel Stewart

Hi I'm seeking advice on what laminators are recommended

I'm quite new to this industry I've been running since March, back then I purchased a cold laminator which does have electric but I never use due to that I can never finish lamination process correctly so I use my machine manually. I'm always dreading when I need to use my laminator as 7/10 times it goes terribly I think this could be due to the fact that it doesn't have any roll to roll facilities where the laminating media is not fed and tensioned correctly, am I right in thinking so.

I would love to be able to use a laminator with confidence where I can not only use it for lamination but for application tape to as I work by myself and when using large media I struggle a lot!

Is there any machine out there what basically you can say it defiantly does it for you eg. Keeps correct tension throughout with very little room for error mid process.

Can anybody help

Thankyou
Rachel

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
You can call me and I can go over some options you can consider. I am one of the resident application and media nerds here. 714-878-7989, I am Josh. Or you can email me your budget and I can show you some options, jcormany@gansink.com

Rachel Stewart

Hi everyone

thanks for your advice I will look through other threads and links,

I'm hoping to purchase over the next few weeks, ive been advise easymount laminator which would set me back around 5.5k... also a rollsroller has been mentioned but I would really have to broaden my budget for this

Again thanks guys :)

FrankW

Rollsroller and all the other Flatbeds are cool for short pieces, mounting prints on rigid media or put application tape on plots. Longer runs. Laminating longer than table lenghts is difficult. I know a lot of people who uses flatbeds and roll laminators, for the start better use a roll laminator.