• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator shipping

oc63rag

Anyone know the approximate shipping requirements for a 65" Ding Tec laminator? I have a full size pick up (6' bed, 8' with the gate down) that should hold it but I need to plan on loading and unloading by hand. I can get extra people to help but I want to make sure this is realistic.
Thanks for any help.

iSign

I hope you're no going up any steps.

My 63" Arctic Titan has to be well in excess of 300 lbs. I unbolted the legs once to see if I could take it upstairs. It took all of 2 seconds to know we would never go anywhere with that thing. I can't imagine your would be that much lighter, so I'd say you need 4 guys.

Also, it is very top heavy, so if you drive half as bad as me, you might want to just pay for freight to your door.

Sign_Boy

It might not be the weight that gets you, it'll probably be awkward to lift.

Ship it to me and you don't have to worry about lifting it.

KevSign

Rent enclosed Trailer 12' at Uhall will fix your problem, the trailer lower than your truck. You need truck with towing equipment. I done that when I pickup the ship from china at the warehouse. Make sure measure the laminate's length.

TheSnowman

You can get that upstairs...we got a 54" Mimaki Printer & Plotter upstairs. I'm livin' proof it can be done. It took 8 friends, but it can be done.

oc63rag

It was easier than expected. It was strapped down really well with ratcheting tie downs in my truck and then it took four guys to lift it off and get it in the shop.
I had to drive a couple hundred miles but the price was right.