• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator Shopping - GBC Spire III 64 Ct, Seal 62 Base, GFP 463/563TH, Drytac JM63

N1ksa

Hi Folks,

First time posting, new member, looking for some recommendations based on personal experiences.

I have been browsing the boards, and have read and seen everyone else's opinions on the various other lower cost laminators, the rolls roller, etc. We are not looking for these laminators. Specifically the ones listed above in the title. What do you have? What is your experience with them? How is service and support with your equipment, if needed? What do you like about it? What do you hate about it?

1/3 of our business is wraps, and would really love something to do roll to roll application, top heat assist is nice but not necessary. ~90% of what we output is digitally printed and laminated, we do use it from time to time to mount larger substrates, 10 to 20+ft lexan faces, etc. Having the option for multiple feed rollers and take ups is necessary as we are constantly switching the media accordingly.

We currently have a Ledco Econocraft 60 - which has been around since the shop started 9 years ago. We've replaced the rollers on it, and have made as many adjustments as we can to it, have had a Ledco service tech here going through it with us through all the adjustments and cannot get rid of the boat wake that occurs about 12 ft in on both sides. We've made every adjustment possible. I'm not looking for a fix to this problem, just some feedback on the options listed above. As we are definitely moving forward to pick up a new one soon. Not interested in RS either. A sister shop of ours has one and it's a royal pain to work with - no pun intended.

Thanks in advance for the feedback and other comparable options.

Adam

Rocket Designs

GBC SPIRE is a Piece of CRAP!

Hi Folks,

First time posting, new member, looking for some recommendations based on personal experiences.

I have been browsing the boards, and have read and seen everyone else's opinions on the various other lower cost laminators, the rolls roller, etc. We are not looking for these laminators. Specifically the ones listed above in the title. What do you have? What is your experience with them? How is service and support with your equipment, if needed? What do you like about it? What do you hate about it?

1/3 of our business is wraps, and would really love something to do roll to roll application, top heat assist is nice but not necessary. ~90% of what we output is digitally printed and laminated, we do use it from time to time to mount larger substrates, 10 to 20+ft lexan faces, etc. Having the option for multiple feed rollers and take ups is necessary as we are constantly switching the media accordingly.

We currently have a Ledco Econocraft 60 - which has been around since the shop started 9 years ago. We've replaced the rollers on it, and have made as many adjustments as we can to it, have had a Ledco service tech here going through it with us through all the adjustments and cannot get rid of the boat wake that occurs about 12 ft in on both sides. We've made every adjustment possible. I'm not looking for a fix to this problem, just some feedback on the options listed above. As we are definitely moving forward to pick up a new one soon. Not interested in RS either. A sister shop of ours has one and it's a royal pain to work with - no pun intended.

Thanks in advance for the feedback and other comparable options.

Adam

O recently purchased a spire 3 ct and nothing but issues. I have had a ledco econocraft for 5 years and very little issues. The GBC Spire has major issues, it doesn't stop when you push stop, it does not laminate consistently, the adjustments for rolls are either free spin or they lock up and are very firm, and another major one is the popper take up spins a different direction depending on the media you use to laminate with. Example is oracal is a different direction then avery so it spins the paper the wrong direction. Yes, you can flip it over but the paper bends up way behind the pinch and creates way to much free space and the laminate wrinkles. And the last issue, the heater is to only go to 122 degrees, however mine went to 175, so I shut it off and it stayed on for 4 hours before cooling down. So major issue there as well. I am returning mine, it has ruined around 40 feet of premium wrap vinyl. I have lost more in a week then the ledco in 5 years.

CS-SignSupply

Recently installed our first DryTac JM63-Fuzion series and must say it is very nice.

Easy to work with and easy to adjust if needed. The top roller needed a slight nip gap adjustment but very easy to dial in.

This one is heat assist up to 110 degrees with motorized feed and take up bars.

Heavy so you will need forklift or plenty of people to help lift the unit onto its stand. Minimal assembly required.

Brochure and pricing listed here:
http://www.cssignsupply.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=472