• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator Skew Royal Sovereign

Charlie J

I have a royal sovereign 1400c. Its only about a year old I think.

Whenever I laminate 30" vinyl I am seeing about 1/2inch of skew over a 8-12ft print. It doesn't occur every time, leading me to believe that I'm doing something wrong when loading it up.

Whenever I laminate 54" vinyl, it runs straight as an arrow. I see no skewing, and I believe I would have no problems doing a roll to roll.

My question:

What am I doing wrong when laminating 30" vinyl.

• I have the roll centered on the machine.

• When loading the laminate into the machine, I usually start out with a foot of backing paper and I run the vinyl underneath the backing paper to try and get it loaded straight into the machine.

• I am using oraguard 210 (reverse wound)

• I am not using any kraft paper

slangsc

All I can think of is to make sure your print is loaded perfectly perpendicular to the rollers. Measure to a mark on the print at the same distance from the top roller on both sides of the print.

Sticky Signs

Check the tension on your rollers. sounds like it should be good but just check to make sure and adjust if necessary. I find I have to calibrate my RS about once a year. Also, make sure the vinyl is straight and tightly rolled on the core. I find that sometimes the vinyl will "skew" on the core just a bit as I'm setting up to feed it through the rollers. Hope this helps.

Skye

Roller

those rollers are thicker in the middle.
be sure to laminate/mount in the middle so you have an even amount of space on either side.

let me know if this helps.

Skye

miltondavis

I have same issue as Charlie, same machine, material and technique but the problem is with the 54" roll! before the print begins contact with the laminate do you keep the media that is feeding in loose or tightly wound up on the roll?

do you get a lot of silvering with the 210?

Gene@mpls

Check the tension on your rollers. sounds like it should be good but just check to make sure and adjust if necessary. I find I have to calibrate my RS about once a year. Also, make sure the vinyl is straight and tightly rolled on the core. I find that sometimes the vinyl will "skew" on the core just a bit as I'm setting up to feed it through the rollers. Hope this helps.

I had this problem on my 42" RS- finally took off the plastic cover on the
side that is accessible on mine (keypad side unfortunately) and played
with the screw that jacks tension on the roller on that side-soon had it
tracking perfectly. No problems with my 55" RS.