• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator suddenly stops working in autorun

gabagoo

Seal 54 el - I was laminating some vinyl to coroplast and it was running OK and then at the end of one board it suddenly stopped like something was blocking the electric eye. I ran the foot pedal to finish the last few inches.

Put in the next sheet and no way no how will the forward button run the laminator. reverse works and the foot pedal work but forward no go... I can hear the motor trying to engage but nothing. Checked to make sure there is nothing blocking the red led light and all clear..... any suggestions? Running the foot pedal takes far too long.

rjssigns

Either a bad button, faulty relay hooked to the button, fuse or connection. Could be as simple as a loose wire. Electrical contact cleaner can work wonders too.

Best bet is to call a tech. No sense getting electrocuted trying to fix it.

Kwiksigns

wookie
our sensor went bad before and it would only go reaalllyyy slow. they do go bad. new one fixed it right up. but yeah, i would call support

gabagoo

I took off both sides and slid a piece of paper in the way of the sensor and it changes colour on the unit from green to orange so I can only guess that is not the problem... but I don't get a green light on the control panel where the eye graphic is, so maybe it is..who knows...waiting for a call back for service

danno

We have a 62 Pro D that did that. The sensor had gotten out of adjustment. We had a tech come in and realign the sensor.

gabagoo

We have a 62 Pro D that did that. The sensor had gotten out of adjustment. We had a tech come in and realign the sensor.

Maybe this is the problem, but when I took off the panel farthest from the control panel the sensor in there has 2 diodes on it one green and one orange. When I placed the piece of paper in the way the sensor changed to the orange color, so I guess the sensor is working...however the green light on the control panel is not turning on at all... All I know is that I cant live with using the foot pedal and constant beeping!! My techy is on holiday in San Fransisco until Friday.... I wonder if he driven or did he flew?

Rlaw44

This happened to me on my GBC laminator a few times, it always ended up being the fuse if I remember correctly..

JoeBoomer

Ditto on the fuse

+ 1 for blown fuse

I had gbc also w/ same fuse issue. If it is that, buy extras and tape them inside the machine.