• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator suggestions

Sindex Printing

We bought one on Ebay that was from China. The heating element was broke so after months of going back and forth we got another heating element at no charge came in broke and after a year of the same issues of the elements coming in broken we finally gave up and just use it as a cold laminator. I would advise away from the way we went.
When I upgrade I would be looking for a local or semi local company that you can get support from

Zack Bunning

My budget is about $5,000. I have been looking at buying a new EnduraLam, or a used Seal. As for buying a used Seal, I am having trouble finding a good deal thats close enough to buy. What are your thoughts on purchasing a new EnduraLam?

Zack Bunning

Looking at the GFPs, what is the big difference between the 255C and the 355TH, besides the heat? I have been told that having a heated laminator is not necessary for the kind of work I do. I am very interested in purchasing a GFP after doing some more research on them

White Haus

Not a Newbie
With a Budget of $5,000 look at a GFP over a used or Enduralam product.

So the GFP's are well built? I just started looking into them as our GBC is dying on us. I like the idea of the take up on the back...laminating roll to roll sounds great. We've always just had a bench behind the laminator to accumulate the prints as they come out.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I would definitely recommend a GFP. We have 2 and haven't had any issues out of them in over 3 years. Run full rolls all day long. We have the 455th series but don't use the heat that much.

Christian @ 2CT Media

So the GFP's are well built? I just started looking into them as our GBC is dying on us. I like the idea of the take up on the back...laminating roll to roll sounds great. We've always just had a bench behind the laminator to accumulate the prints as they come out.
I feel they are very well built. We have had our 463th since 2011 and it has been a tank. Some of the process sucks like needing a allen to loosen and tighten the spindle sprockets but they have improved that in current models. We are actively looking at a Kala Mistral or the new 563th trying to decide if the all electric self balancing is worth 50% more.

InstantOneMedia

We were looking at the GFP and USTech. We opted for the USTech because the rollers can be raised higher than the GFP which makes loading material easier. Ours doesn't have a take up reel. But we bought one from AliExpress, then a 2nd from Digiprint and mounted it to the wall next to the laminator.

pkeshtgani

We just bought our first ever large format laminator. and we bought the GFP 355TH. very happy with it. Comes with a very straightforward installation. It was perfectly aligned when we got it didn't have to do any adjustment.

jpescobar

I ordered an Easymount Sign 1600C (cold) laminator from Vivid. Good build and easy to use. I agree the Kala are also good.
I can advise you other brands (check on Google) like Sign Master, Neschen and X-Lam.