• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminators ... whats your .02

Chad.

I just picked up a 54" VersaCamm and am looking for a Laminator to accompany. The new Daige 4 seems to be a lot better than previous models, but i was curious to know if there are any machines better, in the same or close price range.

Thanks in advance.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Can't go wrong with a Big Squeegee. If you want it too be about the same price range we can arrange that too. I don't know about better but I think it will give it run for the money. just my .02

i have a royal sovereign http://www.royalsovereign.com/product/e_pro2_3.asp and love it i think wyld bill found someone who is selling this laminator but with another name on it and a less expensive if i am not mistaken... he is shopping for one you might want to seek him out and see what he learned...and he is a heck of a nice guy that you should know anyway just in case you need to / want to print something larger than your versacam will allow.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
It turns out the one im looking at is the 65" Heat Assist...it does seem like a good model and they now have a narrower one as well.

Chad.

i have a royal sovereign http://www.royalsovereign.com/product/e_pro2_3.asp and love it i think wyld bill found someone who is selling this laminator but with another name on it and a less expensive if i am not mistaken... he is shopping for one you might want to seek him out and see what he learned...and he is a heck of a nice guy that you should know anyway just in case you need to / want to print something larger than your versacam will allow.

Yup, dan is a great guy and i still need to get a CD in the mail to him to print some things ... It's on the way Bill !

Any idea on the cost of the royal sovereign ? Looks like a nice machine ...

Chad.

Can't go wrong with a Big Squeegee. If you want it too be about the same price range we can arrange that too. I don't know about better but I think it will give it run for the money. just my .02

I would be interested in giving your whole lineup a whirl ... it looks neat for laminating things that you can reach in a single bend ... but how does one go about laminating or mounting something 15feet long ? I mean, i have legs and can walk, but it just seems like it would be a pain in the butt to push 54in wide roll of laminate 15 feet down a table.

:help:

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
I would be interested in giving your whole lineup a whirl ... it looks neat for laminating things that you can reach in a single bend ... but how does one go about laminating or mounting something 15feet long ? I mean, i have legs and can walk, but it just seems like it would be a pain in the butt to push 54in wide roll of laminate 15 feet down a table.

:help:
Something that wide requires two people. One person walks down each side of the table. If the table is not long enough, the graphic can be repositioned and continued. On narrower stuff you can push from the side of the table. I have many customers that laminate 12' and longer graphics within a short time of getting the Big Squeegee. There is a video in my web site that shows me applying a 4 X 5 print from the side.

I won't say that there is no learning curve to using the Big Squeegee. However, there seems to be a bit of unlearning that is required . The big Squeegee is pushed across the graphic while stripping the backing off. Application tape or fluid is not required. Some like the security of using a small amount of application fluid on large prints.

Some users report that they have fewer mishaps then with a moderately priced laminator. I believe this is because the Big squeegee has only a small gap between peeling off the paper and applying it to the substrate. As with anything else, you will learn better ways of doing things with this tool.

It will save a lot of time and materials if you have to switch between different laminants and sizes. The laminate is cut to the size you need so materials are not wasted in webbing.