• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminators

MPL5567

What do you recommend for laminators...i heard that you can laminate by hand...?

Can anyone help me?

threeputt

Dale is a merchant member on this site. Simply scroll down to the merchant members and click on his advertisement. That's about the quickest and easiest way to manually laminate.

We have a big 61" GBC Titan, but maybe you don't need that and can get by with Dale's invention.

MPL5567

Thanks for all the info...this site and forums are a lot of help...im trying to get started and try new things...i will def look into it...

i am on a tight bydget...what would you suggest to do...buy a laminator or a do it manually...

thanks
Matt

cartoad

We started with a Diage III quickmount, had to use a sled, very awkward as we finally used 1/4 plex, once we got the hang of it (after a lot of ruined prints) did ok with it. We just recently upgraded to the GBC Titan and like it a lot, and have the tech here tomorrow to check it over and "train" us. Have been using it for a month now. We also have Dale's big squeege's that we use for some things but have not tried to laminate. Last ramble here, do a search and you will find a number of threads with lots of great info, and one has Island Sign who has put out some videos that are great.
good luck,
Hal

chopper

I think in the topic of a laminator it dose not pay to be cheap as with most equipment, I would wait till you can afford a decent machine,
the investment for Dales squeege is minamal, and from what I have seen here and the testimonials on the big squeege, I think for your situation it is the logical way to go, ( Dale do I get commision for the sale? LOL) Dale has a video on his sight that shows the use of it, altho I have never used one, I have never heard a bad review...I was going to get one and ran across a laminator for sale cheap and picked it up .....good luck //chopper

MPL5567

I think in the topic of a laminator it dose not pay to be cheap as with most equipment, I would wait till you can afford a decent machine,
the investment for Dales squeege is minamal, and from what I have seen here and the testimonials on the big squeege, I think for your situation it is the logical way to go, ( Dale do I get commision for the sale? LOL) Dale has a video on his sight that shows the use of it, altho I have never used one, I have never heard a bad review...I was going to get one and ran across a laminator for sale cheap and picked it up .....good luck //chopper

im just a beginner so i dont want to get carry away with all of this...i agree with you to wait till i can afford a decent machine...i can laminate with the big squeegee? what do you recommend for a laminator...any places where i can find a good used one for cheep money

thanks for the help
Matt

WB

We also have a GBC titan and it works very well. along with that we have a Seal 400. I'd advise to keep your eye out for a good used laminator. Nothing is worse them learning bad habits on a bad machine. People are always upgrading, try and call some dealer that might be taking some trade-ins.

sid-fmx

has anyone used the GBC "artic" titan. Wondering if it does a good quality laminate. Also dont shoot me for asking but has anyone tried or know anything about the chinese made laminators on ebay, I saw a new 63" for like $1,200.

vctradingcubao

Big thanks also coming from me. I'm also in the market for a laminator, but would really like to look first at the "big squeegee". I'm watching this thread because I have zero ideas on laminators yet.

MPL5567

I Would Not Recomended The Big Squeegee. I Have A 54 Inch Diage Cold Laminator, And I Love It. Once You Get The Feel For It, It Works Like A Charm.