• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

laminators

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
So I saw in another thread something about flatbed laminators and I had questions.

1- Can you use it as a work table too? Or is it something that you want to only use when you are laminating or applying graphics onto things. Can you put a cutting pad on it to work with other items?
2- Can you make a table and place a laminator roller at the end of a regular table and use it to apply items to?
3- In other words, can I make my own application table with a laminator (rubber) roller at one end?

Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
1. Yes you can do whatever the heck you want on it. Probably all of them already come with a self healing cutting mat from the factory.
2 3. Yeah why not, all depends on you how DIY you are. Build an extension table to your laminator or whatever.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
It would be hard to make your own just because the table needs to be 100% level/flat across the entire thing. There really isn't any forgiveness like there is with roll laminator.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
thanks for the feedback. I just don't want to spend 20K on a flat bed laminator. Even though it's got a ton of uses.