• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Landscape design

Pinfinity

Working on a design for a pair of doors and trailer for a new client. I am developing my own style from different bits and pieces of other designers I admire.

Please share your professional thoughts

Attachments

• Design landscape 10-20-14.jpg
    Design landscape 10-20-14.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 138

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Seems a little stretched out to my eye, maybe tighten it up some?

Attachments

• tighter1.jpg
    tighter1.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 118

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Too much italisisms and that second line of copy is too hard to read and doesn't lend itself to landscaping. The big numbers don't have a sense of being connected with anything. The use of those big numbers are puzzling. There's some other things going on, but let's fix the easy ones first.

Jillbeans

It's very dark, lacks contrast, and has a lot going on, busy looking.
I'd eliminate the heavy black shadow on the name.
Make sure, if using italics, that they have the same slant. The landscape font looks very space-agey and does not compliment the script font.
"What they do" seems to have the least emphasis. Sometimes I will make the name stand out, but what they do needs to be easily discerned.
Your color palette is also not complimentary, and I think you have too many colors going on.
I would stick with green tones, as these seem to appeal to landscapers.
Use a leaf, or use an oval, or use panels, or use gradients, but don't use them all at once.
Love....Jill

Marlene

Too much italisisms and that second line of copy is too hard to read and doesn't lend itself to landscaping. The big numbers don't have a sense of being connected with anything. The use of those big numbers are puzzling. There's some other things going on, but let's fix the easy ones first.

+1
with all you have going on there is no need for the gradient. it overpowers the design and jus makes it look too overdone. the overall idea of it is nice. I even like the gray swoosh. the greens are nice too. not loving the font used for the landscape design. it is way to fussy and needs to be less complex.

OldPaint

FERNICOLA???...and the only plant in the graphic is a MAPLE LEAF???? try a FERN))))) in maine we used to eat "fiddleheads", these are FERNS when they 1st come outa the ground.......

Pinfinity

Modified landscape design

Modified version of logo for professional review

thanks

Attachments

• Design landscape 10-21-14.jpg
    Design landscape 10-21-14.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 113

Marlene

that's a lot better. the gradient isn't too bad now as it is lighter and not so heavy. the landscape design is much better too. maybe just a little more space between the words as it looks like one long word

SignManiac

I'd suggest that LANDSCAPE DESIGN maintain the same angle of the panel ends. Either straight, arched, or angled.

Attachments

• LANDSCAPE.jpg
    LANDSCAPE.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 126

SignManiac

Here's a really fast interpretation of your version.

Attachments

• Fernicola.jpg
    Fernicola.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Jillbeans

Better...but try changing that inner pinline outline on the script to white, straightening the panel for landscape design, try the panel itself in black, fix the weird area (not smooth) in the r (where the e joins the r)in the name, and I think the idea of a fern rather than that leaf has some merit.

Jillbeans

Suggestion to demonstrate the white pinline and fern, with fresher colors and a subcopy font bolder and more in tune with the script.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 108

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
'Fernicola' is not a word that a lot of people have ever experienced. That being the case, putting it in a script, especially that fat thing with the ugly 'r', is merely making it more illegible and incomprehensible than it already is.

People seldom actual read words, they see them and attach some sort of meaning to them en passant rather than actually reading the letters. That's why you can drop letters, misspell words, use dubious grammar, and still make yourself understood. By putting an unfamiliar word in a script or other difficult type face you have increased the number of people who will never read it or remember it.

Do your client a favor and try some other typographical approach.