• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Landscape design

peavey123

I agree with bob. Not into the fonts.

This company is a landscape designer right? The current logo and all it's renditions looks to be more of a grass cutting landscaper logo not a landscape designer. Landscape designers charge big bucks, does this logo represent your client properly? IN my opinion they need something simple, legible & professional.

Marlene

I agree with bob. Not into the fonts.

This company is a landscape designer right? The current logo and all it's renditions looks to be more of a grass cutting landscaper logo not a landscape designer. Landscape designers charge big bucks, does this logo represent your client properly? IN my opinion they need something simple, legible & professional.

that is good point. are they actual landscapers or more of mow the lawn, rake the leaves?

please don't add a fern to it because the name has part of the word fern in it. just too literal and corny. the font used for the company name might not be the best choice but it also isn't the worst. I do like the landscape design in the font in your re-do.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, the OP is from the Outer Limits, so I imagine you could use a toadstool or a string of poison ivy. Who cares what leaf, plant or symbol is used ?? Ya need one that is memorable, not cute. At least he didn't put a whole tree up there with the light showing through the leaves. I'm so sick of that look.

Specimen_Tree_Removal_Page.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Marlene

and a MAPLE LEAF... is ok?????hahahahahaahahaha

sure why not? at least it isn't making a sign red because a guy's name is Redmond or adding a fern because the guy's name ha the word fern in it. I just personally hate this kind of thing. doesn't make it wrong but it does make people groan when they see it.

peavey123

I'm surprised none of you have combined a fern tree and coca-cola can for your logo. Silly sign people. :covereyes: lol

Anyways, from my earlier post, I'd do something clean & simple like this. The shapes are supposed to be patio stones..I wouldn't use this exactly (because I didn't have time to put into it.) but do something that better represents landscape design. They're basically architects for landscapes...

Attachments

• fernicola.jpg
    fernicola.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 127

Jillbeans

I was actually gonna draw up a vintage looking cola bottle with the name on it and the tagline "Make your yard pop!"
:ROFLMAO:
But I figured Pinfinity wouldn't think it was very professional.

OldPaint

WELL...........MY PROBLEM IS iam from PENSA-COLA..............so what the hell does a FERN got to do with PENSACOLA????

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yo pizano..............

I don't think you're reading the same book.... or you're in a totally different chapter.......... capisce ??:covereyes:

OldPaint

you off your meds?........i said.........i live in pensacola.........so what the hell does COLA.......have to do with FERNS????? and living in pensacola.........ITS THE 1ST THING i thought of....................................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
you off your meds?........i said.........i live in pensacola.........so what the hell does COLA.......have to do with FERNS????? and living in pensacola.........ITS THE 1ST THING i thought of....................................................

Did ya ever wonder where or how your town got IT's name ??

Marlene

can we get back on topic and not sorry about the name and what it means to see what the final design is?

OldPaint

Pensacola got its name from the Pensacola Indians who greeted the first Spanish explorers in 1559, when Don Tristan de Luna led 1,400 colonists to what is now Pensacola Beach. But a major hurricane sank ships, drowned livestock, and prompted them to flee. Although the Pensacola Indians are now extinct, Creek Indians live in the area and celebrate their traditions.
The site selected was on the beautiful bay called by the early explorers Santa Maria, now Pensacola. This was the very site where De Luna had tried to make a settlement five years before St. Augustine was founded. The second attempt in 1696 by three hundred men under Don Andres d'Arriola, was more fortunate. A small fort called San Carlos was built and a church near by with several dwellings. The name Pensacola was given to the settlement, whether for a town in Spain, or whether because a tribe of Indians, the Pensacolas, had once lived there, is not quite certain. At any rate this name was then given to the town founded and to the magnificent body of water on the shores of which it was situated.