• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laptop/PowerPoint on big screen?

Marlene

We're going to a seminar and would like to set up a powerpoint presentation on our laptop and do a large screen show. Anyone know what we would need to plug our laptop in so we can do this as we haven't done this before?

Checkers

Hiya Marlene,
The connection type will vary by the year the equipment was made, manufacturer of the projector and the computer.
I'll assume that you're headed to a client location forthe presentation. So, your best bet is to call & speak with the person who normally handles this stuff or even bring your laptop and stop by the place ahead of time to learn about the system.
I have yet to attend a presentation where something went wrong. Most of the time it was operator error though.

Checkers

mbarden

You need and LCD projector if you want to have the power point on a large screen or white all. You can rent these from any rent a center or Office supply co. If you just want it scolling on your laptop screen there is an option under the view pull down to play the presentation.
Mike B

Marlene

This will be a a conventioon center that has the equiment, I wasn't sure if we needed to bring the whatever it is that is needed to do the connection between the laptop and projector or if it's something that i just plug into.

Checkers

Most convention facilities have in-house staff or work with a vendor that specializes in audio/visual equipment. Contact the facility to see what their policies are and what you'll need to bring.
Some facilities may provide some equipment as part of the hall rental, but there is, more likely, going to be an additional charge for any equipment rental.
Also, as Mike mentioned, you may be able to rent the equipment from any decent rental center. It may be cheaper than going through the convention center, but convenience has a price when something goes wrong.

Checkers