• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laptop skins on Fathead

WestcoastSigns

I saw these on Fathead today. You can make graphic skins to put on laptops and they are easy to remove (no residue). Very cool and thought good promotional branding for some companies.

http://www.fathead.com/skins/

Any idea what media you would use for this? Is it the same as the material for wall stickers/clings? Not sure of term.

:thankyou:

torrey

We've been doing this for a while now. We don't promote it heavily, but we get a request every now and then.

We've used 3M IJ180CV3 for some, and even some Avery MPI 1005 on a few if I remember correctly.

Some pics here.

Last edited:

WestcoastSigns

We've been doing this for a while now. We don't promote it heavily, but we get a request every now and then.

We've used 3M IJ180CV3 for some, and even some Avery MPI 1005 on a few if I remember correctly.

Some pics here.

That's really cool! You could have a lot of fun with this. Have you tried to remove it?

A friend had a skin on a phone about 2 yrs ago and after 6mths it pull off easily with no damage to the phone. Not sure if same type of media but must be.

Any one have preferences on brand?

Pat Whatley

Keep in mind that I sub out all my printing so I'm no authority but...

The two laptops I've seen skinned by a local company with the Jarhead wall material were peeling at the corners after a couple of weeks. There just wasn't enough adhesive to hold them. Laptops take a pretty good amount of mild abuse being carried around.

My laptop, on the other hand, has been skinned 4 times with Controltac. I usually redo it every six months or so and have had no problems with the material peeling to early or leaving any adhesive when I stripped it off.

ericmitchell29

Yeah I've been doing this for quite awhile also.
The money is in custom work. Business men and women who have their laptops in public places such as coffee shops or internet cafes. Its great advertising for them.

WestcoastSigns

My laptop, on the other hand, has been skinned 4 times with Controltac. I usually redo it every six months or so and have had no problems with the material peeling to early or leaving any adhesive when I stripped it off.

Thanks Pat. If you don't mind me asking which Controltac product did you use?

torrey

No, we haven't had the opportunity to remove any of them yet. No notification about any peeling though.

I wouldn't recommend Fathead. I figured it would perform as Pat Whatley indicated.

WB

I've done mine a few times over a last few years.. use 3M IJ180-c.. never had any issues

WestcoastSigns

I want to make sure it can come off cleanly. Hate for someone to go after me if their laptop is damaged by the media. Especially people are sensitive about their computers...

Have a few makes to look into and play with. :thankyou:

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
We do one of the customer's logo with each vehicle wrap we do. On 180v3. There is usually a square foot or 2 to use when printing.... A great little bonus (customer loves them) and we get additional business from it.