• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laptop

high impact

Any laptop at that price will be "ok" not great.

I've had many toshiba's in the past and liked them. But I just got a dell about a week ago and it is "great"! Spent about $750 for a 15" Duo Core with 2 gigs memory and love it so far.

Spud

It's for a college student, so doesn't need to be anything more then sub-par. lol.

high-impact I know which lappy you're talking about that's a nice build though.

Mason

Any laptop at that price will be "ok" not great.

I've had many toshiba's in the past and liked them. But I just got a dell about a week ago and it is "great"! Spent about $750 for a 15" Duo Core with 2 gigs memory and love it so far.

What OS is that running? Vista? home or pro?

if so, how do you like it? does it have any isues with the graphics software?

cajun312

I looked at Toshiba and Dell, ended up buying an Acer from a local shop, he buys all his signage from me so even though I paid maybe a hundred bucks more on a $1000 laptop it was worth it to buy from a customer who will put money in my pocket next time he needs more signs.....plus if anything does go wrong I deal with him and not some tech support in broken English from a third world country.

high impact

I bought my toshiba 6 months ago (right before vista came out) from circuit city and paid around $1000 for it./

I wanted another xp laptop so I bought a dell this time due to pressure from a brother law who only owns dell AND because circuit city only had vista in stock. vista is junk in my opinion and I have no desire to fight it. So far (little over a week) I love this dell. Time will tell.

by the way...I have had many toshiba laptops and have had no hardware issues ever! I had to clean the dust out of the fan of my pentium 4 laptop after it was 2 years old. Actually I special ordered a new cooling fan and when I took it apart it was just dusty. My wife now does quickbooks in that old (over 3 years now) toshiba "hot" running pentium 4! LOL

This is my third dell, the other two were pcs...satisfied with all of them.

PGSigns

I just got a new dell loaded to the teeth and it was $980. Replaced my 4 year old Toshiba. This is my second one. The first was a basic model for my daughter for school. It has done very well. They have some good deals on ones perfect for school and you can get it with XP on it unlike the box stores that only have machines with Vista.
Jimmy

stickerguynyc

i have a dell 700m for sale $600. i was using it to run flexisign 7.6 and photoshop... work good never have problem. but i bought a new one with bigger screen

Merlin

I would stay away from TOSHIBA, major cooling problems.
i have one and never recommend it.
I switched to Toshiba after problems with Sony. Really the problem with Cercuit City not honering their extended service plan. I have used Tosiba ever since and never had a cooling problem

creative

I'd always been a big Dell fan, desktops laptops all dell, until two years ago my son got an P4 3.02 2g-ram HT tech HP pavilion, boy supa fast, so we went and got two more of the same.

Dell was my number 1 brand, and for service not even go there, they have onsite NEXT day support, I loved.

HP support sucks, they take your machine for a couple of weeks, but htey are fast sending parts to you.