• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large banding, about every 3 inches

gamerxr72

Im getting large bands in prints on one of our VJ1604's. We're having to reprint 20 yards of 3MIJ108Cv3, but it happens to every material to a lesser degree.

The printer makes a low thumping sound every few seconds or so. You can hear it in this file.

http://stashbox.org/v/781152/thumpingsound.wav

I suspect many things but can't be sure about any of them so I'm posting this here to see if anyone else had this happening.

Attachments

• probleminprint.jpg
    probleminprint.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 76

OldPaint

i dont have a printer.........but would like to say, REMEMBER PI.....3.14..........???????? CIRCLE 360 DEGREES........seems its movin the paper to far..
i belive it has something to do with the paper travel.........need to adjust the foward movement .....of the media...

gamerxr72

To finish this thread up I'm going to post my original problem / cause of the problem, symptoms, and resolution.

My boss had to replace a print head, but during the stage of trying to recover the old print head, some solvent got on the PF encoder disc. This resulted in portions of the encoder strip on the disc being severely warped.

We noticed that when the roller was manually turned there was no sound, but when scrolling back and forth with the arrow buttons on the VJ1604 the thunk sound would happen.

I posted this thread and LenXIII offered a link to someone with a similar problem. After reading up on it, I checked and it was definitely the disc. We replaced it and the problem went away.

Everything is working correctly now.