• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large banner Frame Help Please!

RyanFelty

A company came to us with a bunch of large banners that are 65"w x 135"h and they would like for us orthem to install throughout their office depending on the difficulty. I am guessing it will be up against drywall (I do not know all the details yet). What I was wondering is if there is a company that makes a framing system so I can get these things nice and tight and that is also pretty user friendly. Does anyone have experience with this or know a supplier that can make custom framing like this? I am sure I could build something like this but the customer is a very large company with bigger budgets so I just want something that is possibly pre-made (that you can piece together) for an easy install. Thanks in advance!

attachment.php
attachment.php

We sell the Clips In banner frame from Admiral.

http://www.admiral-wholesale.com/

You can also order these through Grimco. The profile is about 2.5" wide and 1.5" deep. They are very easy to install and also easy to swap out banners in. They make a tool to open them that you (or your customer) will want to buy. Without it, opening them can be a struggle and you risk bending the aluminum. Because they lock so tight, I don't know if these will work well for your interior application, or not. You would probably want to hit studs on all four sides of your frame. But if you can hit studs with the top and bottom section of the frame close enough to each end you might be okay. They have an L shaped piece with set screws that lock the corners of the frame together so it might work. A call to their technical department would probably answer that question.

Also, Lind Sign Spring is a pretty good system but it's quite bulky and ugly in comparison.

Attachments

• SMALL 20141009_151906.jpg
    SMALL 20141009_151906.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 227
  • SMALL 20151102_150448.jpg
    SMALL 20151102_150448.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 202
That's pretty nifty. Looks nice and clean. :thumb:

We've got a 40' container beside our building that I wouldn't mind doing something like this with.

The first pic I posted is of a 30' x 9' frame and the second one is a 20' x 8', I believe. These work quite well for very large banners.