• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large Dimension Sign Substrate?

Ghost Prophet

We have an order for 12ft by 15ft sign to mount against a wall. What substrate would you suggest and how would you seam it together?

We have a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor and a Ioline cutter at our disposal, haven't decided on which to use yet as we don't have artwork yet.

Main concern is making it look as seamless as possible.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

you say dimensional sign but then your equipment leads me to think you mean a non dimensional sign? what is it? is this a dimensional or non dimensional sign.

if it is dimensional i would probably use hdu and then the technique that i utilized to hide the seams or incorporate them into the design would depend on the artwork.

if it is a non dimensional sign i would probably use dibond/nupoly and then i would try to create the artwork to mask or at least take attention away from the seams..but it depends on the final use of the sign if it is going to be viewed from a distance it wont matter, most large signs in my experience are built to be viewed from further distances so it could be a non issue.

SignManiac

you say dimensional sign but then your equipment leads me to think you mean a non dimensional sign? what is it? is this a dimensional or non dimensional sign.

if it is dimensional i would probably use hdu and then the technique that i utilized to hide the seams or incorporate them into the design would depend on the artwork.

if it is a non dimensional sign i would probably use dibond/nupoly and then i would try to create the artwork to mask or at least take attention away from the seams..but it depends on the final use of the sign if it is going to be viewed from a distance it wont matter, most large signs in my experience are built to be viewed from further distances so it could be a non issue.

+1

Monsterkidz

Build an aluminum sign out of .040 sheets attached to square tubing. Can be built in sections and assembled on site. Frame it out, it should look sweet. Any seams would be barely noticeable.