• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large files in Versaworks

crookie

I'm new 101 but not to printing. I have a large file (500mg) that I am trying to send through to Versaworks from Corel X4. When the file arrives in VW it is just a blank page. Previously with a large file like thios I have split it into several bitmaps & sent it through that way but would prefer not to have to do this as it's very time consuming. I have always (4 years) sent files straight from Corel as a .cdr format. Sometimes I also halve the size of the sign before I send it through & then increase it to the correct size in VW but I am unsure if increasing the size this way also keeps the dpi at the same level. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

DRamm76

If the quality of artwork is really sharp, scale the file down and export it from Corel as an EPS and then enlarge it in Roland Versaworks. Should solve the problem.