• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large Files not opening in Flexi

John L

Sometimes when I have a large file size from a Flexi created file it won't open when I return to it. It seems like when the file sizes get over 100 MB, or if I have large photos or textures the problem occurs. Many time I work on top of a scaled photograph of a building (as reference) for instance. If I save the drawing with the large photo in place, I get a huge file size, and many times a corrupt file that I cannot open back up. I have that issue right now with a 108mb file. This computer I am on is an AMD Athlon II with 8 GB memory, Win7.

Any workarounds to this issue if it is an issue for anyone else?

FrankW

it would be helpful to know which version of Flexi do you use. And were the files will be saved, sometimes there is trouble when saving it to a network volume.

WildWestDesigns

Can you not link files like you can in Adobe?

I used to have issues in Ai with large files getting corrupted along the lines of what your use is. I just started linking them to the vector file and it still remains the normal small vector file size. Now you cannot move the photos from another location until you are done, but that does help "tame" file size.