Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Large Format Building Banner Install

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Awesome Graphics, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Awesome Graphics

Awesome Graphics Member

Sep 26, 2019
    Vermont
    Our local hospital has had us install a 40ft x 10ft banner a few times now over the years and they are looking for another Covid-19 related one to be installed.

We have always just used washers and masonry screws to hang the thing, but after the last install, I decided we should look into a permanent hanging system that we can just snap in for future installs. It seems like that time is now.

Anybody have any good systems that they have used in the past? Again, this is a 40'x10' banner installed into brick.

I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Tags:
  2. Awesome Graphics

Awesome Graphics Member

Sep 26, 2019
    Vermont
    Old process. Lots of drilling and patching.

Attached Files:

3. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    Lind Spring System and Ackland Banner Frames are two popular ones.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Awesome Graphics

Awesome Graphics Member

Sep 26, 2019
    Vermont
    Thank you. I will look into both of them. I think we used Ackland in the past for a trailer banner.

5. johnnysigns

johnnysigns Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2004
    East Coast
    We've been using Signcomp extrusion based banner frames. 24ft is their limit in one length, but my understanding is you can bridge pieces together for longer lengths.

6. Awesome Graphics

Awesome Graphics Member

Sep 26, 2019
    Vermont
    I didn't know SignComp had anything in this space. We have been using them for backlit sign boxes and love the quality. Great tip. Thank you, I will check it out.