• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large Format Dye Sub Fabric Pricing

koz

Hey there everyone, I have a general question for any of you who offer large format dye sublimation. I'm new to the full sublimation scene, and I have to admit that I'm a little surprised by the cost of the rolls of polyester heavy knit fabric. Frankly, I was expecting costs of maybe 20 or so cents per sq. ft., but I'm finding that my cost is in fact just about double that! Am I missing something here? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place or maybe I am unaware of a better source for fabric rolls? Does anyone have any experience with buying fabric rolls for dye sub printing at a decent cost?

Thank you so much for any help you can provide me with.

flyplainsdrifta

what companies are you looking into? depending on your volume, i would look into buying direct from a manufacturer. if you are buying thru a dealer, your getting 2 markups on a material that probably costs 20 to 30 cents a square foot bought direct. but like i said, its gonna depend on your volume of work, whether bulk buying is really worth it. do you have the money invested in a direct dye sub printer?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hey there everyone, I have a general question for any of you who offer large format dye sublimation. I'm new to the full sublimation scene, and I have to admit that I'm a little surprised by the cost of the rolls of polyester heavy knit fabric. Frankly, I was expecting costs of maybe 20 or so cents per sq. ft., but I'm finding that my cost is in fact just about double that! Am I missing something here? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place or maybe I am unaware of a better source for fabric rolls? Does anyone have any experience with buying fabric rolls for dye sub printing at a decent cost?

Thank you so much for any help you can provide me with.

You can get polyester all day for that price, I sell my polyester flag material in that range. It really depends on the applications you are trying to do, not all polyesters will be in that kind of range.