• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large graphics single person install

JBurton

Signtologist
You a southpaw, or what?

The ambidextrous sign maker can go both ways...
I posted about my hand injury earlier, but a buggered my dominant right hand years back, made up for it with my left, so now I'm partially ambidextrous with most things, but ideally finer work with my left and heavier work with my right, so material adjustments with right hand and squeegee with left is my default.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, what's that make this guy ??

MV5BYjI3YzRiZDQtNWUzZi00YzQ0LTk4NjgtNmQ4OTdmNzMzYzFiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEwODg2MDY@._V1_.jpg

Stacey K

I like making signs
Just got done using the 48" Big Squeegee on a 5x10 signboard on a building 10' in the air. There were screws only on the top and bottom so center hinge and up and down...WORKED LIKE A DREAM!

The landlord is a jerk and said the tenant can ONLY put new vinyl over the old vinyl. Cannot remove or replace the sign. I said it would have been cheaper to just buy a new signboard and have his guys put it up (roofing company) than to have me drag scaffolding and a helper 45 minutes away. Whatever - I made a good profit.

JBurton

Signtologist
The landlord is a jerk and said the tenant can ONLY put new vinyl over the old vinyl.
That's super dumb.
My dumb landlord of the week won't allow raceways (6 lags total) because he doesn't want a bunch of penetrations. He wants individual letters (4 screws each) to be jumped between each letter with wall busters through the returns, and then a sealtite whip dangling out of the last can, so he can have an electrician route power to a junction box. Even tried talking him into a paint matched tray/panel, still no dice. So we are going to go and spend a whole day jerry rigging these letters and putting 4 dozen holes in his precious wall instead of an hour and 6 holes.

Johnny Best

Gino spent all his money at the carnival as a kid on seeing, The bearded lady, Snake woman, Albino black twins, and now Wormman.
He's living the Carnival life in his golden years.

gnubler

Gino spent all his money at the carnival as a kid on seeing, The bearded lady, Snake woman, Albino black twins, and now Wormman.
He's living the Carnival life in his golden years.
Sign shop = Carnival life?
I can somewhat relate, but it's more like a nuthouse or asylum around here.