• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

large hanging backlits? material?

fozzie

have a client who wants a material that can be backlit for a convention center entrance (indoors)

list of requirements/wants

1. 4 each 5' x 30', 4 each 4' x 15', 4 each 3' x 11'
2. all will be suspended (freehanging) using pole pockets top and bottom. they are all portrait orientation (ie. 5' wide x 30' tall)
3. no curl on the edges (prefer no hems)
4. would be backlit with spotlight type lighting. client knows they will have hot spots / inconsistent lighting
5. colors that are rich and true to their corporate identity

due to tight schedule, we will need to produce in house. we have eco-solvent and uv printers. no dye-sub

would 3M panagraphics III be suitable? never used it. wonder about side curl?

any suggestions/help greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

chafro

There is some amazing backlit banner out there. It comes out beautifull in latex, I'm sure you can do something similar in uv or ecosolv.

have a client who wants a material that can be backlit for a convention center entrance (indoors)

list of requirements/wants

1. 4 each 5' x 30', 4 each 4' x 15', 4 each 3' x 11'
2. all will be suspended (freehanging) using pole pockets top and bottom. they are all portrait orientation (ie. 5' wide x 30' tall)
3. no curl on the edges (prefer no hems)
4. would be backlit with spotlight type lighting. client knows they will have hot spots / inconsistent lighting
5. colors that are rich and true to their corporate identity

due to tight schedule, we will need to produce in house. we have eco-solvent and uv printers. no dye-sub

would 3M panagraphics III be suitable? never used it. wonder about side curl?

any suggestions/help greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

We use polystyrene for these backlit marquees we print for the local theater.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Yes the Cooley product is the best stuff I have seen for that application, its a little pricey but you get what you pay for and its a high end application so you should still have plenty of margin to use the right stuff.