• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

large HDU install questions

mangsigns

Hi there,

I have a few large 2" HDU pieces to install into stucco and the customer wants a 2" standoff. My first thought is to use 8" long studs with gem pads so I'd have about 5.5 inches of stud into the wall. Is there a more practical way to do this install?

C-LOS GREEN
:guido:

fresh

You might want to consider adhering a rigid back on the HDU... Either MDO or polymetal, depending on the size of the signs.

mangsigns

rigid backer

the signs are various shapes roughly 2.5' x 3'...my thought is that if I use construction adhesive to glue the studs into the foam, about 8-12 studs would be fine. But the backer is now making more and more sense safety wise. Will the foam fail eventually?

:thumb:

Eric H

You don't need to back up a wall mounted sign that size and thickness. If you want to use studs drill oversize holes in the hdu and use epoxy to hold the studs in.